DBDocumenter, an interactive tool designed to generate SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 documentation.
It supports, export of documentation to HTML(WEB) format. It helps the developers, Those are design the
for the application. They can easily find the name of columns, name of stored procedures, stored procedure Parameters information etc...
How to use the product
After opening the product, the initial UI looks like this.
Only, four steps are required to generate the documentation.
Step # 1
Initial screen will show about the project. it a kind of welcome note for an user.
Click on next for Step # 2
Step # 2
In the step # 2, screen provide the details about the SQL Server. It includes
- Server: Server Name of the SQL Server 2005/2008
- If want to connect with SQL authentication then,
- User ID: ID or Name of the user whose credentials, you want to use.
- Password: password of the user whose credentials, you want to use.
- In case, to connect with Windows authentication then,
- Only check the checkbox (Integrated Security) and you current windows credentials would be used to connect with the specified SQL Server Instance.
Once you connect the database you will get this screen
Choose the database name from the Database dropdown list.
Click on next for Step # 3
Step # 3
In this screen user can select the database components, components which you wants to document (Current application does not contain this feature, only GUI is there but it will not effect any process.
Click on next for Step # 4
Step # 4
Choose/change location of the generated report. once you finalize the folder path Click on the
button and locate the HTML document files at the path specified.
Now go to selected path & run index.htm
Feel free join in this project & for more info contact me
Additional information on starting a new project is available here:
Project Startup Guide